Ascent Fostering supports the Foster Network’s annual national campaign, Foster Care Fortnight.
This year the campaign is all about “Why We Care”. This is a most fitting theme for Ascent as it encompasses and underlines our key values.
We’d like to share 14 (a fortnight) points as to how and why Ascent cares
Ascent cares about……
- Helping our young people reach their goals and aspirations.
- Involving young people in activities.
- Our families having fun through play.
- Providing comprehensive training and support for all our carers.
- Engaging with our young people in challenging and difficult conversations.
- And encourages innovation and creativity.
- About the wider family of our foster carers e.g. birth children.
- Young people’s contact with their families.
- Building strong lasting relationships with our young people.
- Our Therapeutic Philosophy.
- Our wider community e.g. Reaching Higher
- Being on a continuous learning path.
- Every voice in our organisation being listened to.
- The wellbeing of our carers.
If you would like to learn more about fostering and how to become a foster parent we are holding an online information evening on Thursday 20th May at 6pm, click here to register your interest
Alternatively, you can contact us on 0203 7570070 and have an informal chat with one of the team.